Vision and Mission
Hulabhaig is a 'not for profit', artist led curatorial project, based in the beautiful remote venue of Baile na Cille church in Uig. Isle of Lewis.
Our vision is to:
- Provide opportunities for local and regional artists.
- Inspire engagement with art through positive visual experiences.
- Inspire a vibrant and accessible local arts scene.
- Be creative in our approach to all our work.
- Support and nurture artists and audiences.
- Bring artists and audiences together.
- Make Baile na Cille church an arts haven for talented and creative people.
- Be inclusive and welcoming in everything we do.
- Explore and be open to innovative and challenging ideas, including those using new technologies.
- Explore and develop partnerships and collaborations, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Increase public awareness of and access to the diverse community of artists in Uig and across the islands.
- Establish a long-term future for Baile na Cille church as a place for creativity by securing a long term lease, or exploring potential purchase options for the community.
- Financially reward artists and curators for input and creative production.
Our mission is to:
- Present, relevant contemporary art in innovative and challenging ways.
- Encourage engagement and enjoyment for existing and future audiences.
- Facilitate creative activity and visual arts events at Baile na Cille church.
- Celebrate Uig as a diverse landscape for art and culture.